Welcome to the world of lash extensions! Here are a few do’s and don’ts to keep your new lashes looking full and healthy for as long as possible!
- Wash your lashes- cleanse your lashes daily using an oil free shampoo or makeup remover. Use a soft clean cleansing brush to gently wash your lashes
- Groom your lashes- brush your lashes with the disposable mascara wand given to you at the end of each session.
- Schedule regular fills- Every 2-3 weeks as necessary.
- Use products on or near lashes that contain oil. This includes cosmetics, makeup removers, cleansers or moisturizers. Look for products that are water based, but NOT waterproof
- Curl your lashes using a manual eyelash curler. This can break your lashes. Your lashes should not need to be curled, but if you would like to, use a heated lash curler. Exposure to extreme heat can crimp, singe, or loosen the curl of your lashes
- Pull on your new lashes- This can cause your natural lash to fall out prematurely and can cause both breakage and damage to the hair follicle. The less your touch your lashes, the longer they will last between fills.
- Worry when you lose an extension. Each extension will fall out with its natural lash during its normal growth cycle. Anywhere from 2-4 lashes per day is considered normal.