Tooth Gems now available at I Wink STL.
Swarovski Crystals, Gold and diamond gems are painlessly bonded to the tooth using orthodontic grade adhesive. Lasts up to 6 months or longer.
No drilling, damage or UV lighting used and can be painlessly removed by a dentist.
Call/text for info or an appointment! 314.276.4939
With two great services, how is it possible to choose one over the other.
Appointment: Lasts 1-2 hours
Lasts: 2-4 weeks
A single lash extension is adhered to your natural lash.
You must avoid water for 24 hours, brush daily, keep oils away from your lashes, try not to sleep on your face, and keep your hands off your lashes as much as possible. Fills need to be performed every 2-4 weeks to keep them looking full and natural.
Extensions provide you with natural looking enhancement, give you additional length and volume, can be customized and add serious drama.
Lash Lift and Tint:
Appointment: 30 mins to 1 hour
Lasts: 6-8 weeks.
Lashes are temporarily glued to a rod and 2 solutions are added to the eyes to make the lashes curl upwards, then color is applied to the lashes.
You should avoid water for 24-48 hours.
Very low maintenance, natural lashes are curled and dyed darker. Great for someone looking for less upkeep or less dramatic effect than extensions
Lash lifts are low maintenance but the first 24 hours of after care are CRITICAL!
(after the first 24 hours are over)
Use lash growth serum
Touch your eyes
sleep soundly on your side, stomach, however you please!
book your next lift after 6 weeks
Get lashes wet for 24 hours after the procedure
Go near steam/hot water for 48 hours
rub your lashes for 24 hours
use harsh products or oil based removers
no waterproof mascara, ever
no eyemakeup for 24 hours
No castor oil or coconut oil- can cause straightening of the lashes.
So you’re ready to take the leap and try out lash lifts. Here is what to expect during your appointment.
Consultation: Once you arrive for your appointment, we will meet and fill out paperwork, look at your lashes and talk about your expectations from the treatment.
Preparation: You should arrive to your appointment makeup free and with out contacts in. We will then cleanse your lashes and tape you bottom lashes down and out of the way.
Silicon Rods will be chosen that fit your eye shape and lash length and then will be glued to your eyelid using a medical grade glue. Then your eyelashes will be lifted up, separated and glued to the rods.
Lifting and Setting lotions will be applied 3/4 of the way up your lash. Times will vary depending on the strength of your natural lashes, but never longer than 10 minutes for the lifting lotion and 5 minutes for the setting lotion.
Lash Bath: Lashes are cleansed to ensure all product and glue is removed. The rods will be removed and lashes will be brushed out.
Tint: Lashes are tinted if desired to a dark black color that lasts 3-4 weeks.
Enjoy- Your newly lifted and curled lashes will last 6-8 weeks with minimal maintenance. Just remember, to keep them away from water for 24 hours!
Ready to book? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 314.276.4939
Want to offer lifts to your clients? Click here for more info
I’m so excited to announce, that not only am I offering Lash Lifts as a service, I am now offering classes!
Ellebana is the fastest lash lift on the market. In as little as 30 minutes you can have stunning lifted lashes.
- Faster application techniques saving you time
- Allows for perfect positioning of lashes
- Advanced formulation containing nourishing and conditioning
- Lifts lashes from the root
- Reduces over-curling of the lashes
- Creates the illusion of longer looking lashes
- Opens the eyes – enhancing the natural lashes
- Straighten or curl lashes
- Suitable for short or long lashes
- A great alternative to lash extensions
- Single-use sachets – hygienic – no wastage – fast processing
If you are interested in trying the lash lift or if you are interested in training, please contact me at 314.276.4939 or email@example.com
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram @iwinkstl
Looking for the perfect gift for you lash addicted loved ones? I Wink STL now offers gift cards. Whether you want to pay for part of a lash set, or the whole thing, call/text to get one today!
Also- we now accept VENMO payments….no need to hit the ATM before your appointment. Call today for details.
It is crucial for the health of your natural lashes, and for the longevity of your extensions to practice daily cleaning. After the initial 48 hour hold, you should wash your lashes once a day and dry them.
Extensions are actually placed .10 mm away from the base of the lash. So there is a small gap between the eyelid and the lash extension. This is a breeding ground for dirt, bacteria and make up.
A number of things can happen if you don’t clean daily.
- dirt and debris and bacteria can build up in that gap and cause any number of infections including: pink eye, sties, and even mites (Disgusting!)
- Makeup can bond to the extension causing multiple lashes to stick together- this can cause your natural lash to become damaged.
- severe cases can cause permanent hair loss on the eyelid.
All three of these issues are easily avoided with proper hygiene, which means washing daily.
I recommend using a mild soap (a lash specific cleanser or baby shampoo) and a brush to clean daily.
Doing one eye at a time, close your eye. Apply soap to the brush and in a genital circular motion coat your lashes in soap. Then rinse clean.
Do on the other eye.
Pat dry and brush.
Here are a few tools to help:
Makeup Eraser- Removes all of your makeup using just this cloth and water. Get it here $19.97
Micellar Water- cuts through make up VERY easily. Its a product I use to clean lashes before an appointment. Find it at your local pharmacy or grocery store. (less than $10)
Oil Free Makeup Remover/Wipes- OIL FREE is the most important word here.
Lash Brush- Just use a lash cleanser or baby soap and this brush to throughly clean through all the lashes and remove any dirt/debris. Find on amazon or here (Lash Tavern) $4
It’s that time of year again, when you notice losing more and more hair, in the drain, on your clothes, etc.
Did you know that your eyelashes go through a similar shed as well?
Hair on our heads, as well as the rest of our bodies grows to help protect us from the sun. As the days get shorter, there is less of a need to has hair regenerate as often, so blood cells move away from hair follicles, and more towards inner organs (to help keep you warm). Less blood flow=less hair growth.
As our bodies change to prepare for the new season, you will notice hair falling out. This affects our lash retention as well. It may mean for us extension wearers, you may need to schedule your fills a little sooner during this transition, or that your lashes may not look quite as luscious and full as normal.
The good news is, since your hair will begin to have a slower growth cycle, after the initial shed phase, your extensions should last longer!
So you’ve decided to take the jump and get your very first set of eyelash extensions. Maybe you’ve been reading blogs, or one of your girlfriends got a set….or you’re just done applying mascara everyday. There a million reasons why lash extensions are for everyone! Here are a few tips to prepare for your first appointment.
- Wash your hair- since you shouldn’t get your lashes wet for 24-48 hours after your appointment, make sure to get a shower in before your appointment.
- No contact lenses- I advise my clients not to wear their contacts the day of their appointment. While not wearing them for the whole day is up to the client, they are 100% required to be out at the time of application.
- No Makeup- Make sure to remove all of your makeup with an oil free makeup remover before the appointment. Lash extensions can only be applied to clean lashes, so the more time I have to spend cleaning your lashes, the less time I have to put on extensions
- Be aware of moisturizers- if you can avoid applying moisturizer around your eyes the day of your appointment, please do. Moisturizer can affect how gel pads/tape hold under your eye and can make the application process a little more difficult.
- Take it easy on the caffeine- don’t drink any 2 hours before the appointment, and maybe skip the second cup in the morning. Caffeine can cause a clients eyes to twitch or make the client antsy on the table. The more relaxed you are, the faster your appointment will be. We love when clients fall asleep on the table! Lash naps for life.
These are just a couple tips to have your appointment go as smooth as possible.
Lash extensions are semi permanent, meaning that they last until your natural eyelash falls out. Many new clients are confused about why you need to have your lashes filled so often. The answer is pretty straight forward, just like the hair on your head, your eyelashes (and eyebrows) go through a growth cycle.
- The lash cycle lasts 60-90 days and happens in three phases
- Anagen- Baby Hairs- The growth phase- lasts 30-45 days, 90% of hairs are in the anagen phase at any given time. As the anagen hair grows, it pushes the catagen hair up and out of the follicle. Lash extensions should not be applied to anagen hairs, as they cannot support the extra weight of a lash extension.
- Catagen- Teen Hairs – transition phase- lasts 12-21 days. 3% of hairs are in catagen at any time. During this phase, the lash separates from the follicle, which shrinks and attaches to the root of the hair.
- Telogen- Adult Hairs- resting/falling phase. Lasts about 100 days. 6-7% of hairs are in this phase at any given time.
Since your hairs come in at different times, you will have a percentage of your lashes in every category. Regular lash fills will help you keep your extensions looking full, fluffy, and glamorous.