I’m so excited to announce, that not only am I offering Lash Lifts as a service, I am now offering classes!
Ellebana is the fastest lash lift on the market. In as little as 30 minutes you can have stunning lifted lashes.
- Faster application techniques saving you time
- Allows for perfect positioning of lashes
- Advanced formulation containing nourishing and conditioning
- Lifts lashes from the root
- Reduces over-curling of the lashes
- Creates the illusion of longer looking lashes
- Opens the eyes – enhancing the natural lashes
- Straighten or curl lashes
- Suitable for short or long lashes
- A great alternative to lash extensions
- Single-use sachets – hygienic – no wastage – fast processing
If you are interested in trying the lash lift or if you are interested in training, please contact me at 314.276.4939 or email@example.com
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram @iwinkstl
Looking for the perfect gift for you lash addicted loved ones? I Wink STL now offers gift cards. Whether you want to pay for part of a lash set, or the whole thing, call/text to get one today!
Also- we now accept VENMO payments….no need to hit the ATM before your appointment. Call today for details.
It is crucial for the health of your natural lashes, and for the longevity of your extensions to practice daily cleaning. After the initial 48 hour hold, you should wash your lashes once a day and dry them.
Extensions are actually placed .10 mm away from the base of the lash. So there is a small gap between the eyelid and the lash extension. This is a breeding ground for dirt, bacteria and make up.
A number of things can happen if you don’t clean daily.
- dirt and debris and bacteria can build up in that gap and cause any number of infections including: pink eye, sties, and even mites (Disgusting!)
- Makeup can bond to the extension causing multiple lashes to stick together- this can cause your natural lash to become damaged.
- severe cases can cause permanent hair loss on the eyelid.
All three of these issues are easily avoided with proper hygiene, which means washing daily.
I recommend using a mild soap (a lash specific cleanser or baby shampoo) and a brush to clean daily.
Doing one eye at a time, close your eye. Apply soap to the brush and in a genital circular motion coat your lashes in soap. Then rinse clean.
Do on the other eye.
Pat dry and brush.
Here are a few tools to help:
Makeup Eraser- Removes all of your makeup using just this cloth and water. Get it here $19.97
Micellar Water- cuts through make up VERY easily. Its a product I use to clean lashes before an appointment. Find it at your local pharmacy or grocery store. (less than $10)
Oil Free Makeup Remover/Wipes- OIL FREE is the most important word here.
Lash Brush- Just use a lash cleanser or baby soap and this brush to throughly clean through all the lashes and remove any dirt/debris. Find on amazon or here (Lash Tavern) $4
It’s that time of year again, when you notice losing more and more hair, in the drain, on your clothes, etc.
Did you know that your eyelashes go through a similar shed as well?
Hair on our heads, as well as the rest of our bodies grows to help protect us from the sun. As the days get shorter, there is less of a need to has hair regenerate as often, so blood cells move away from hair follicles, and more towards inner organs (to help keep you warm). Less blood flow=less hair growth.
As our bodies change to prepare for the new season, you will notice hair falling out. This affects our lash retention as well. It may mean for us extension wearers, you may need to schedule your fills a little sooner during this transition, or that your lashes may not look quite as luscious and full as normal.
The good news is, since your hair will begin to have a slower growth cycle, after the initial shed phase, your extensions should last longer!
So you’ve decided to take the jump and get your very first set of eyelash extensions. Maybe you’ve been reading blogs, or one of your girlfriends got a set….or you’re just done applying mascara everyday. There a million reasons why lash extensions are for everyone! Here are a few tips to prepare for your first appointment.
- Wash your hair- since you shouldn’t get your lashes wet for 24-48 hours after your appointment, make sure to get a shower in before your appointment.
- No contact lenses- I advise my clients not to wear their contacts the day of their appointment. While not wearing them for the whole day is up to the client, they are 100% required to be out at the time of application.
- No Makeup- Make sure to remove all of your makeup with an oil free makeup remover before the appointment. Lash extensions can only be applied to clean lashes, so the more time I have to spend cleaning your lashes, the less time I have to put on extensions
- Be aware of moisturizers- if you can avoid applying moisturizer around your eyes the day of your appointment, please do. Moisturizer can affect how gel pads/tape hold under your eye and can make the application process a little more difficult.
- Take it easy on the caffeine- don’t drink any 2 hours before the appointment, and maybe skip the second cup in the morning. Caffeine can cause a clients eyes to twitch or make the client antsy on the table. The more relaxed you are, the faster your appointment will be. We love when clients fall asleep on the table! Lash naps for life.
These are just a couple tips to have your appointment go as smooth as possible.
Lash extensions are semi permanent, meaning that they last until your natural eyelash falls out. Many new clients are confused about why you need to have your lashes filled so often. The answer is pretty straight forward, just like the hair on your head, your eyelashes (and eyebrows) go through a growth cycle.
- The lash cycle lasts 60-90 days and happens in three phases
- Anagen- Baby Hairs- The growth phase- lasts 30-45 days, 90% of hairs are in the anagen phase at any given time. As the anagen hair grows, it pushes the catagen hair up and out of the follicle. Lash extensions should not be applied to anagen hairs, as they cannot support the extra weight of a lash extension.
- Catagen- Teen Hairs – transition phase- lasts 12-21 days. 3% of hairs are in catagen at any time. During this phase, the lash separates from the follicle, which shrinks and attaches to the root of the hair.
- Telogen- Adult Hairs- resting/falling phase. Lasts about 100 days. 6-7% of hairs are in this phase at any given time.
Since your hairs come in at different times, you will have a percentage of your lashes in every category. Regular lash fills will help you keep your extensions looking full, fluffy, and glamorous.
To get the most out of your lashes extensions, it takes a little work from the clients. Here are a few tips to keep your extensions on through your next fill
- Wait 24-48 hours before getting them wet. The adhesive used to apply extensions has a curing period that should not be exposed to water immediately after your appointment. Try not to shower, work out, or expose yourself to steam for 24-48 house after your appointment
- Clean your lashes daily. Good hygiene is important. Makeup buildup and oils can get trapped along the lash line in between the extension and your eyelid. This can cause a number of things to happen, including blocking oil glands that can halt the growth of new hair, or infections.
- Watch how you sleep. Clients with lash extensions should try to avoid sleeping on them. Sleeping face down or with extensions touching the pillow can cause lash loss or premature shedding. Try to sleep on your back, but if you are a stomach sleeper, there are special lash pillows available to purchase.
- Brush them. You should brush your lashes daily. This helps keep oil build up at the base of the lashes. and keeps the extensions from getting tangled.
- Hands off. Try not to touch your lash extensions as much as possible. Frequent handling of the lashes can cause a breakdown of the bond. There are also oils on your hands that can weaken the adhesive.
Eyelash Wood Wall Hanging
Our wood cut out eyelashes are the perfect girl touch to add to any girls bedroom, bathroom or playroom. Get it here
Sequin Lash Pillow
Sleeping Beauty set of pillow covers.
Your bedroom will look so different with these unique set! Add some bright colors to your space! Get it here
Our lovely little eyelash pots are finally available! These Terra Cotta pot are weather sealed to withstand water and can be used indoor and outdoor. These are the perfect match to your succulent and/or small plants, and can be used to accessorize your home however you see fit! Find it here
Lash Sleeping Solution
he LASHcloud by NovaLash suspends lashes and delicate skin around the eye in mid air while you sleep. The crescent-shaped pillowette prevents the tangling and twisting of lash extensions caused by pillow friction, leaving you with longer-lasting, more beautiful lashes. Buy it here
Oil-Free Makeup Remover of your Dreams
What if I told you that you could remove, even the toughest makeup with just water? The Makeup Eraser does just that! Take oil out of the equation with this washable, reusable cloth!